Sunday, July 1, 2007

Yet ANOTHER month in Review!

Well, somehow another month has flown by and I never even finished reviewing the last! I wish I could say that I didn't even have one spare second to sit and blog with all the craziness in my life, but the truth is that I did. Upon further investigation though you would find that although I did eventually encounter moments of personal time this month, I most often found myself filling those moments just trying to recover from the rest of my life.

Last summer, after what I felt was a particularly unproductive summer (particularly in the "memories" dept.), I made a commitment to myself that this year would be different. I'm not pregnant, I don't have a newborn, and I really don't have any good excuses. Each day I see my children grow and change. It is so exciting to see all the new things they learn, but I am also reminded how quickly the time goes and that I should enjoy it while I can. I don't want to look back and realize that I missed it because I let "life" get in the way. With that being said, I wanted to make more memories for myself and my family a priority this summer, and I have happily been able to do so.


SO, although I also want to have a gourmet meal on the table every night for dinner, and I would like a clean house daily, today is not that day or that night. But what I do have is a happy family and many smiles to share and remember. My hope is that I will EVENTUALLY be able to have my house clean as well though!


In Review, we were able to spend time with my family as we attended my Uncle Richard's wedding, we played in the rain, played at the pool, played with more cousins as we saw more of Ryan's family, celebrated Father's Day with a camping trip and a new pontoon boat, and went fishing a few more times as well! Alli absolutely loves her pink "polefish" and even caught a little Bluegill! And at this time of year, I am reminded how especially grateful I am to live here in this great, beautiful, and free land that affords us so many opportunities. We are truly blessed and happy.




4 comments:

Sierra said...

Great pix. Glad to hear that things are going well and that I am not the only one with a messy house. I have learned that the smiles and happiness are closer to perfection than any image my house can protray. Good for you for focusing on what is important.
Also, it is great news that Richard got hitched. I always love to hear that people are finding their "happy" and it is awesome when 2 people find it together.
Happy 4th and thanks for taking a break from living in the moment to share a few of them.

Kim said...

Kendra finally blogged! Just thought you might like to know!

krysta said...

From the looks of your blog, you are achieving your goal! Well done. Your pictures capture the moments that make these memories.. well, memorable. :) Each time you post new pictures your little ones look like they have grown so much! They are adorable! Keep up the great blogging.

krysta said...

p.s. That one of R and the kids is SOOOO great! It captured the most tender moment you could ever dream up to take with the camera. This one needs to be enlarged and placed on the wall of candids!