Wednesday, June 13, 2007

Month in Review, Installment I

Well, as promised, I am finally here to post a recap of our most recent happenings.
We jump started the month with our first "family of four" vacation with a trip to California to visit the family. We hadn't been back in over a year and we were chompin' at the bit to go. As luck would have it, we had just obtained our minivan, so we were able to make the trip with much more room and comfort. So, in a mostly picture review,
WE
Celebrated 3, make that 4 birthdays!

After much trial, much error, and even more laughter, we enjoyed THIS Birthday Cake.


(I am well aware of the remarkable resemblance to the cake that the 3 fairies made for Princess Aurora in Sleeping Beauty:)

As we were just finishing opening presents on R.'s Dad's Birthday, we received the call that our newest niece had made her grand entrance into the world just in time to share the day with her Grandpa!

WE

Had a healthy dose of fun!

Fishing


Golfing, Shopping,

Hiking


Relaxing


and

Staying Up Too Late!



We also had the opportunity to celebrate Mother's Day with R.'s Mom this year. My sister-in-law and I thought it would be fun to throw a Tea Party for all the girls, (her daughters, her Mom, my daughter, and my Mother-in-law). We made invitations to invite our Moms' and the little girls painted frames to give to their Grandmas' with a picture commemorating the event. We all wore dress ups, and the little girls especially enjoyed the "chit-chat" as we practiced our most proper manners, using phrases like "My dear, would you be so kind as to..." and the like. It was really fun and I was reminded that I should do things like this more often. So to finish our California recap, here are some final pics of our
Mother's Day Tea



And as it seems to have taken me much longer than I though it would to cover this portion, I have to go, but I will be posting a second installment soon!

2 comments:

Sierra said...

Very cute pix. Looks like yall had a great time and that tea party is a kick.

krysta said...

I think that cake looks delish. It looks like you had a wonderful little vacation. Ali is looking more and more grown up every time I see her. What a cutie!