Friday, December 21, 2007

Any Resemblance??



Ok, so I have a million tasks to do, but I had to take a blog break and record this.

I was just putting A. to bed, reading stories like usual. Tonight she chose to read some Sesame Street book where they basically do an entire show in one book. It is really one of my least favorites - it gets pretty wordy... Anyway, when it was time to play "Journey to Ernie", A. began to go through and point to each animal in turn and say, "Tiger Ernie, Turtle Ernie, etc." but when she go to the Water Buffalo (or Yak, or something), she very matter of factly stated, "Mama Ernie..." WHAT???? Do I really look like that Water Buffalo?!

I'm still chuckling... but really, she said it like it was fact, not even a hesitation like she just didn't know what it really was... those silly kids.

5 comments:

Joellen said...

Such a funny story :) I loved it. Thanks for writing, and I hope to write you back on these blogs, they are fun, but I haven't figured them all out yet besides a few things so far. Jacob is helping me since he's played around a little more than me. I never seem to have time to play on them yet.

Hope you have a Merry Christmas! Love, JO

Kendra said...

Porty was looking at this with me and he agrees! He looked at the yak and said "Kanir cow" so I guess it must be your hair style? I thought it was hilarious!

Sierra said...

Too funny! Don't you love it when you get a peek into what your kids are really thinking? What a kick!

Lindsey said...

Hey Karin! We got your blog address of your Christmas card. It is so good to catch up with you again!

My Rags to Riches said...

That's a cute story, I'm glad you to a second to write it down for us. I need to be a lot better at writing down cute little things like that!