Saturday, April 28, 2007

Fun In The Sun

Spring is here, AGAIN, and hopefully it will stick around for a while this time!
We were very pleasantly surprised last month when spring seemed to arrive right on schedule, a welcome respite from our winter duldroms. That joy and sunshine were short lived however, and the cold and spring fever once more enveloped us. We even received several more inches of snow! I was absolutely thrilled then, when we found out the warm weather was going to return this week and gladly made plans to head to the park with a friend and her kids. We met at a park I had never been to before, but quickly decided it was one of my new favorites and will be returning frequently. The kids had a great time playing and we had a great time chatting, so great that we forgot all about the time and ended up staying for near 3 hours! Here are some pics of the fun!

So proud of herself for her short climb, she said "I did it!" over and over!

The kids were more interested in the rocks than the tulips.

We finished the day off splashing in the rain puddle, collected in the fountain, that will hopefully be filled on purpose soon!




6 comments:

Kim said...

Wow! Two posts in a row. I can hardly believe it! Just teasing. Looks like you guys had fun at the park. It's always nice to get out of the house with the kids.

krysta said...

Cute, cute pictures!! I can't seem to get enough of this park! I went back and the fountains are filled!!!!! The water is even chlorinated! I wasn't able to stay for very long, but the kid-os had a blast. I am left asking myslf, why buy a swimming pass, when I can go to the best park/pool in the world for free?

rebecs said...

I second the cute pictures. Way fun! Its fun to catch up with you on your blog. You do a good job. Ive been waiting to see some pics of your kids. love... (bradleys aunt)

Zee said...

Thanks for taking such fantastic pictures. Your kids are SOooooo Cute! Miss you.
One of my all time favorite memories of joy and laughter is in fall of 2005, when we were driving home from Mapleton and appropriated some campaign signs and relocated them across the street from you.
So much fun.
Still laugh about it today.

Sierra said...

I am SO JEALOUS!!! What I would give to go to the park and not worry about Kaia getting stuck to something frozen. Love the pix. Have fun in the sun for your cousins up in the Arctic.

Mandy said...

Happy Mother's Day!